Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's beginning to look a LITTLE like Christmas!!

Linking this post to Suzanne's Vintage Thingie Thursday! There are some BEAUTIFUL Christmas decorations over there this week!
***********************************************************************

Ok, so two boxes and a small tree out of some fourteen-odd parcels, boxes, and bundles that hold my Christmas decorations in the attic REALLY is just a small dent in what I will get out and "put up" just-so before the 25th, but a gal has to start somewhere, and today I managed to get these two boxes opened and mostly unpacked--two shelves in my kitchen dusted(cough, cough, sneeze!)and decorated. . . .of course there is the mandatory rearranging of the STUFF that normally sits on the shelves. I think they look SO much better! It's kind of a mini-hug everytime I walk toward the kitchen!


My big red teapot is on the low shelf right by the sink where it is easily reachable for those cold-morning, huge pots of Irish Breakfast or Earl Grey. I think the red and white dots are so cheerful! Thanks to my sweet friend Alli who gifted me with that chunky cheerful teapot for Christmas last year!


Moving up a shelf we have a vintage pitcher I found at GW, and a sweet little rooster that belonged to my hubby's grandmother. He looks happy about his Christmas tree!


And moving up another shelf we have my big white ironstone teapot that the hubby bought me at one of my favorite local shops, Mothers and Daughters. The ladies there are WONDERFUL, fun, and very creative. They have SUCH sweet stuff there!
The Christmas gnome with his tiny tree makes me smile--and of course the mushroom matches the teapot below! If you could see the TOP shelf(I will get a picture soon, but I didn't want to climb back up on the bar stool!), you would see more mushrooms along with a sweet hobnail milk glass pitcher(more dots!)that also holds a bottle brush tree. I love those, too.

Oh, and here is my (now) blue and white shelf. It previously held most of my collection of dollhouse-scale kitchen miniatures. I like it better blue and white! The minis are waiting for the DOLLHOUSE that hubby got me for Christmas to be assembled so they can move in. . .I have more projects going than I can keep up with!

That's about all I've gotten done so far--this week is the children's Christmas concert for LPCC, and we have four nights of choir-related running. We will be tired and joyful when the concert is finished Friday night. It is a wonderful way to usher in the Christmas season every year, and I usually leave with a sense that Christmas has truly "arrived".

I will be back with concert videos(hopefully) AND an update on our Thanksgiving day at my Mom's SOON!

Christus natus est,

~april

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Your shelves are beautiful! You've got such a great eye for decorating!

blue eyed dragonfly studio said...

Your rooster pulling the brush tree is so cute. I also really like your mushroom. Merry Christmas!

LV said...

Yu have so many pretty holiday trinkets. I really enjoyed see them especially the vintage pitcher.

Coloradolady said...

What great treasures you have displayed. Happy VTT!

Anna said...

You have really lovely treasures. Love that ironstone pot and all the bottle brush trees.