Friday, January 7, 2011

Birthday Flowers for the New Year(and the 12 year old)



We had flowers on New Year's Day to dress up the tables for my sweet J's 12th birthday party.

Her big day was actually Tuesday, but you can't really HAVE a birthday party on a Tuesday!
I love that she arranged her candles into a "J"! Berry Chantilly. Mmmm.(It's not a flower, but it IS beautiful! And yummy. Did I mention yummy?)

Dutch Iris. Snapdragons. Freesia.
They SMELL so wonderful--despite the slight headache I am prone to have if I stay too close to them for LONG.


We had gigantic, gooey, SCRUMPTIOUS cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing for breakfast on her birthday Tuesday. This was her "cake" since we had done her party already. Don't drool on the keyboard, okay?

Birthday girl. Sweet smile.


One last beautiful blossom.



Perfection.


Have a lovely weekend!
Linking to Fresh Cut Friday over at Rose Vignettes.
~april

6 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you all had a great time, beautiful flowers, amazing cake:@)

Liz said...

Oh happy birthday to your sweet girl!
Can you send me one of those yummy cinnamon rolls! :P

Nothing is as fragrant as a Lilly! So lovely! Thank you for participating in Fresh-cut Friday! I really appreciate it so much!!! :)
Have a great weekend!
~Liz

Oliva said...

Happy birthday to your sweet daughter! Beautifl flowers and yummy cake and goey rolls! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Sherry said...

Happy Birthday to J. The flowers are lovely and those cinnamon rolls are calling my name!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh those cinnamon rolls look divine! May she have a wonderful year!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Happy birthday to your sweet Miss J! Lovely flowers.