Friday, February 4, 2011

Flowers from Long Ago

Warm greetings from COLD South Louisiana!


Since it has been cold and just plain nasty here this week, and I wanted to participate in Liz'sFresh-Cut Friday party, I decided to revisit some floral pictures I took a couple of years ago. I hesitated to do this because the quality of cell-phone shots is low, but I think they are pretty anyway. You can at least see the bright interplay of colors, which is refreshing on a blAH, gray, rainy day!



This is a tablescape I did for a ladies' weekend luncheon at our former church. It had a decidedly "springy" theme since the weekend is always held right around the first day of Spring.
I used my vintage milk glass, several cast-iron bird feeders, a few of my mini glass cases, and the huge hurricane vase from my previous tablescape post. Chocolate eggs, fresh flowers--tulips, spray roses, and a potted lily--river stones and blue glass "scatters" completed the setting.

I wish the pictures were clearer and more of them were up-close. Sorry about that!


Oh, and C helped me make these cute "look at the birds of the air" napkin rings:

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
Matthew 6:26

That's a pretty good reminder for a day like today, too. He who takes care of the birds EVEN takes care of us--and we are "much more valuable than they" to Him!

Enjoy, wherever you happen to be. I hope you are warm and cozy!



~april

7 comments:

Maggie said...

A lovely collection of tablescapes and pretty flowers.
I'm happy that you visited Normandy today so that I could come and see them all.

Liz said...

April! I love it! I love your napkin rings to. What a tweet er sweet idea! I might have to copy for our ladies tea this spring.

Thank you for joining in! I really appreciate it! :)

~Liz

Jill Stanish said...

What a lovely breath of spring :o) Hopped on over from workbox group to say howdy. I'm following your blog.
Have a great day!

shannon i olson said...

oh more milk glass!! the tables are lovely and the verse is such a great reminder of Christ's love for his children. The little birds are frozen here in ND, I always am amazed how God designed them and plants to survive this harsh environment. Blessings to you.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Very creataive Tablescape and the Bird Napkin Ring is very neat! I love to use Milk Glass and find pieces here and there very inexpensive right now. Thanks for visiting CITexas Gal for my Headvase post!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love the verse and all of the tables are so pretty. Such a blessing for everyone to have such lovely tables. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Liz said...

Just wanted to pop by and wish you a happy Valentine's Day!!

~Liz