Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Spring Birds and Flowers Tablescape




Since all the daffodils are coming in and the bluebirds are nesting in the house in the side-yard, I thought of the sweet little snack sets given to me by my Aunt Linda last year. I've been waiting for spring to use them in a tablescape, so inspired by a super-beautiful and bright day, which also just happens to be March 1st, and knowing that the flower for the month of March is the daffodil, I thought TODAY would be the day to do a fun, sun-filled table with these cheerful dishes.
I hope you enjoy.

First, a view of the set from the top so you can see the happy daffodils. Aren't they cheery? My baby brother, long ago, pronounced it "happygils". As you can imagine, that name *kind of* stuck! :)




Here is a view of the front of the little cups. Again, so SWEET and SUNNY!








Next, looking kind of sideways-down at the table top--the sun was coming in through the windows at an odd glaring angle, so it was hard to get a picture without large white patches.


I used vintage handkerchiefs for napkins, a pretty printed cloth with cherry blossoms and birds in pink and blue, and daffodils from our yard in a couple of vases to tie the colors all together. The bloom-past primula inside the little case is SO HAPPY there--it is just putting on more and more leaves. C. says we CAN over-season them rather than treating them "as annuals". I will have to see to believe. :) SHE has the green thumb!

Can you see the little chalkware birds peeking out of the bird-topped mini greenhouse?



I love this little birdhouse!

I had fun playing in the dishes today--I hope you enjoyed it too!
Happy March!!!


~april


Linking this post to Tabletop Tuesday , Teacup Tuesday, Tablescape Thursday, and Vintage Thingie Thursday.

25 comments:

allisamazing said...

The china is so pretty and the vintage napkins (hankerchiefs) are amazing. Your tablescape is so springy and cheerful. ~Alana~

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

It looks like spring has sprung on your tablescape...I love the daffodil china!!!

parTea lady said...

Your Spring tablescape is lovely. I really like the terrariums and the daffodil pattern tea and toast set is so pretty.

Moogie said...

Lovely! I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

Terri said...

Such a cheery post! I love your tea cup and plate. It is the perfect springtime set to drink from. I love cups with daffodils on them and always get them if I am lucky enough to see one.
Thank you so much for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Terri

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

sweet and simple setting! reminds me of spring coming soon!

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read this post. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Jane Flouee
jammer cellphone

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your pretty things! I think I will pull out some Spring things tomorrow! It's TIME! ♥

Barry said...

You have a wonderful gift for decorating! You're beautiful!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute table, lovin' your daffodil luncheon plates-enjoy:@) I just bought a forsythia set for myself and chipped the cup washing it, ugh.

Sherrie said...

That China is gorgeous! Beautiful spring images!

CNM said...

Love the napkins! My tablescape had a similar theme, but looks quite different. Makes things better when no two are the same!

http://lessonsofanewlywed.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Oh. My. Goodness! How pretty! I absolutely love it all!

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Love the spring feel to the table. Also like the idea of the napkins, it just shows that if you think out of the box you can do wonderful things to your tables. Well done

Kathy Eickholt said...

Love the idea of using the hankerchiefs in place of napkins and the spring look to the china is wonderful, well done

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

This tablescape makes me SO happy. Daffodils are one of my favorites!

Anita said...

Those snack sets are too cute!!! I have some clear ones I got last summer and my kids love them. I need to get on the spring bandwagon. I'm just afraid we will have a big freeze here that kills everything! Thank you SO much for stopping by! I love your bio...lovely testimony!

Coloradolady said...

Beautiful post. I love your dishes and linens....oh, so sweet. Happy VTT!

Marigene said...

Ohh, those "happygils" plates are beautiful!

Nellie's Cozy place said...

HI April,
Sure looks like spring has arrived at your house. Love those daffodil plates and cups, very pretty!
I am holding myself back cause I am chomping at the bit to get started with my spring decorating, but I like to wait until just before cause I don't change anything too much until
Fall, so it will be the same for quite awhile.
Blessings for a lovely weekend,
Nellie

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a great tablescape of Springness! Love the daffodils and birds -- they are the early evidence that Spring is on it's way!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What a great set! I love these. They are great for Spring. Thank you so much for joining us for Tea Cup Tuesday. I hope you will plan again this coming Tuesday. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

ottszoo said...

seriously??? Now I've got to have a green, round table! I love it! beautiful tablescapes!

Kathy said...

Lovely! Love the teacups and the terrariums! A very spring setting,
Kathy

Mary said...

Hello April, wanted to stop by and say Hi and thank you for visiting today...Love your tablescape, very nice....Mary