Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beautimus Bunnies

Whew! We've been BUSY here the last couple of weeks--I've been able to keep up with a little of my blog visiting, but NONE of the blogging I've wanted to DO. I guess that's what I get for turning a year older and celebrating 15 years of marriage in ten days' time. We officially call the start of March through April/Easter "Celebration Season" since there are so many "significant" dates during that time period. Blessings, all!
I do believe that the humiliatingly-silly candles-blowing-out picture IS mandatory in a birthday post!

I HAVE been busy--I pulled out a few of my multitudinous rabbits and bought a bag of really super-neato green "fluff" from HL this past week. I thought I'd show you my mantel decor, which is all I've done for Easter so far.


I love these sweet little bunnies with the flowers painted on their haunches. These  Iris candleholders were a purchase I made when we were newlyweds. They only emerge in springtime! 

This happy little guy looks like he's in a hurry to be somewhere--I love the fine detail on the flower garland he is wearing!

Another pretty flowers-behind-him bunny. :)

The crackled glaze makes them LOOK old...and wise.


Pink glass definitely makes my "favorite things" list!

I purchased these two "chocolate" bunnies for myself this year. I needed two that were taller to anchor the ends of the mantel. Being a nearly -inadvertent collector of everything in "mini," sometimes I have to MAKE myself buy a larger item.
The two bigger bunnies remind me of my two big girls--one an artist, one a gardener. :)


My view from the kitchen Sunday night. It was a really sweet, beautiful day with my parents here to celebrate my birthday.(That's why there is such a hodgepodge of chairs at the table!)
And yes, those purple, yellow, and white flowers came from OUR yard!!!!!!!
C just cut them from the yard and plunked them in a vase. (:
What have YOU been doing to get ready for Easter?

~april

Linking to Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

6 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful. What else can we expect from you? I only have one complaint. I didn't get ANY of the cake. hmph

Liz said...

Hi April! Your home looks ready for spring! :) Happy birthday! :) That is a cute picture of you!


~Liz

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! And I'm envious of those flowers. So pretty. Aril is one of those months for us too. My birthday and our anniversary, plus my niece, nephew, & BIL's birthday's are in April, and a there's also a whole slew of extended family birthdays. Busy but fun!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

First of all, Happy Birthday to you! May is our busy month. Your mantel is looking very festive for the upcoming Easter holiday! Love all your bunnies; very cute! I really like the pink one! Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shelia said...

Just darling! You have some really cute bunnies and I love those lighted eggs! I want some of those.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

mississippi artist said...

Lovely Easter decorations,I am so glad to meet another Mississippi blogger. I am your newest follower.