Friday, June 3, 2011

A Little Lustre. . .

I had completely forgotten about Liz's party Fresh Cut Friday until my sweet hubby arrived home yesterday with a bunch of beautiful roses! It was an instant reminder that I had intended to put a post together--so I had a great time fiddling with flowers yesterday evening. Thanks to Liz for an excuse to "play" for a few minutes!

I decided to put the flowers in an old Japanese(?) teapot I spotted in my china cabinet. Since it has roses it seemed like a perfect fit.

My C decided we needed "blue" roses from our yard to mix in with the store-bought ones, but there weren't many that haven't been baked by the drought we've been experiencing the past couple of months. It has NEVER--as far as I know--been this dry in S. Louisiana in the months of April and May. Yesterday my car thermometer measured 117 degrees while we were out running errands!
I love the tiny red thorns on the stem of this white rose from my yard.
Back to my flowers. . . .I had fun with a few little accessories.



Tiny Eiffel tower--the closest I'll ever get to the real thing!

A stack of OLD books, some sweet tiny swan vases. . .



My hubby had a three-day work week this week and we have a mile-long list of projects going lately, but I am SO looking forward to the weekend!

I hope yours is happy!









~april

8 comments:

Liz said...

The perfect Rose Vignette! :) I love that little teapot. Love those little antique books too.

Thank you so much for joining in for Fresh-Cut Friday! :)

~Liz

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Oh, April, your roses are beautiful!!! We are in a hot, dry spell here, too and I'm hoping we get a break soon. Love your little teapot...It is perfect for showing off your roses!!!

Zinnia said...

What a cute teapot! Perfect for roses. You like your the arrangements. Wish you a nice weekend! Zinnia

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your flowers are beautiful-enjoy:@)

Judy said...

The arrangement of roses is most pleasing to the eyes. The picture with the teapot of roses on the stack of books is really sweet. I bought a tiny bush of yellow roses for mother's day (Mom loved yellow roses) and planted it in my front garden. It has been blooming and blooming. I so enjoy it when I walk by each day.

Shirley said...

What beautiful roses and I adore that tea pot. very nice..so nice, I want to come back so I'm now following you! Have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

So beautiful! I love stacks of old books.

I'm going to look through my bookmark for links to articles I have on rhythm, but I can't find your address and its giving me the "no-reply" address on your comment. Send me an email and I'll see what I can find to send to you.
lagniappeacademy (at) gmail (dot) com

no spring chicken said...

You should be a floral artist! Are you a florist? :)

I really love what you did with these gorgeous roses...

Blessings, Debbie