Monday, June 20, 2011

Last one, HONEST!

Linking this post today to Liz's Fresh Cut Friday over at her sweet little blog, Rose Vignettes. Hope you all have a HAPPY 4th of July!!!
****************************
Okay. I promise NOT to post about sunflowers ANY MORE till next year. But y'all, they're eight feet tall. They are not the squash and cucumbers we expected our daughter was planting, but what FUN!
Aren't they beautiful? I'm tempted to name them after the seven dwarfs. Lol. Only they ARE NOT dwarfs!

Have a happy week--only three words needed to say it all around here this week:

VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL.

:)
~april

9 comments:

Allison said...

those are SA-WEET. Post away. And how is it that you can post on a VBS night and our daughters are on the phone at 10 pm? Hmmmmm

Michelle said...

Yay! I was so surprised at how tall ours got too! I tried to plant more along the fence, but something ATE them all. Just chomped the seedlings right off their little stalks. Whatever it was liked the sunflower and bean sprouts but left my cucumbers alone!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your sunflowers are so cheery!

Love their happy faces.

no spring chicken said...

My sunflowers were coming along nicely, they were about 10 inches tall and had a few ant holes in the leaves. My sweet husband decided to shoot them with an organic ant killer he found in the shed. Next morning it looked like they had been hit by a killer frost! On closer inspection hubby found that the ant killer was to be sprayed on ant hills, "do not spray on or near plants." And that's my sunflower story for 2011. :(

Blessings, Debbie

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Oh, I loe sunflowers! What fun! laurie

Liz said...

:) Hi April! I'm so glad you did one more post! :) They are beautiful and your mosaic is perfect! Thank you for jumping in! :)

~Liz

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your sunflowers are spectacular! :D I am linking from Rose Vignettes.

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

Your sunflowers are really pretty! One of the cheeriest flowers!

Shirley said...

I'm glad you did post because I have seen only 2 other sunflowwer post's...keep them coming..they are beautiful..
~Shirley