Thursday, July 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to you, Miss Potter!


Word got out around here that TODAY is the birthday of a certain famous author. She is larger-than-life in our home, so the bunnies decided on a tea party(what else?) to celebrate.

This is right after he(Little Pink Bun-bun) started setting the table. See him on top of his Peter Rabbit box? He's trying to decide where to put the salt and pepper shakers! He had to climb up high to see properly, you see.



The guests have arrived and are attempting to sit very still and wait patiently because the FOOD isn't READY yet--it can be very difficult for such a young bunny as Little Sara May B. Mischievious--on the left--to sit still and wait for tea.What will they do while they wait?


They ARE celebrating a famous children's book author, after all. I suppose it's storytime! Looks like Sara May is going to start the reading, but Mrs. B. Sweet has her selection ready as well. (Did you know that bunnies have MIDDLE family names instead of surnames? Betcha didn't!)

Little Pink has his favorite book too--they will have plenty to do while they wait for their tea.

What's on the  menu?
Blackberries, carrot-cake muffins, and chamomile tea, of course!



From all the bunnies, a very warm wish for a very happy day--and a happy weekend! Oh, and a teeny-tiny bit of advice:


Thanks for hopping by!
~april



You can see lots more Beatrix Potter pretties over at Garden of Daisies!
also,
Linking to Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.

12 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I forgot something on my "P is for..." post! Mrs. Potter's Peter Rabbit!!! :)) You have quite a collection....Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Lynn said...

Oh, April, how sweet, sweet, sweet! Thanks so much for nudging me to get out and blog HOP -- no pun intended. I do wish I had more time to visit all my sweet friends on a DAILY basis. Thanks for loving my little pink bun-bun so. I just got more clay today to finish some more bunnies, and I just finished the second illustration for my book! Yay!!

Love and hugs,
Lynn

GardenofDaisies said...

I love your little teaset!! I have my eye on a teapot to go with my dishes. Your little bunnies will grow up to be very smart, because they are reading! :-)

Judy said...

Miss Potter is one of my favorites. The Tale of Two Bad Mice always makes me smile. The table setting is lovely. The menu sounds so inviting. Wish I could have been there.

GardenofDaisies said...

Hi again. I just added a link to your Beatrix Potter post on my blog.

tammylovesdishes said...

What a sweet tea table! I just love Peter Rabbit and friends. Your Beatrix Potter items are adorable.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How sweet. I love Beatrix Potter -- love your little tea set.

Karen said...

What a charming post! I love your tea set and the sweet story. Thank you for sharing such a pleasant pasttime with us.

no spring chicken said...

My daughter is watching over my shoulder and I was telling her that I was just sure I was looking at one of Lynn's darling bunnies... I was going to say so in my comment and we saw Lynn's comment!

Thanks for the reminder of this momentous occasion!! We LOVE Beatrix Potter!

Blessings, Debbie

Allison said...

Charaming!! Maybe we can have an "unbirthday" party for Miss Potter together soon.

Rebekka Seale said...

Wonderful :)

Jill Stanish said...

Wow! I LOVE all your Peter Rabbit things. What a fun idea for recognizing Ms. Potter's b-day :o)