Thursday, July 7, 2011

Red for the Kitchen

Today a friend of mine brought me a gift.

It had belonged to her sister's mother-in-law who recently passed away, and I guess she just thought of me when she saw it. It's RED--and OLD--and really cool. Don't ya think?

It is branded Duraglass, and I don't know how OLD it is, but it appears to work great--I likely won't try making butter with it though. :)
It goes very well with the red-edge enamel-top table. . . I may have to go play in the kitchen now and find a home for  it! Maybe I'll get some neat pictures to share in the process.
Happy Thursday to you!
Linking to Vintage Thingie Thursday today. Thanks to Suzanne for hosting such an interesting and fun party each week!

~april

11 comments:

LV said...

You have a real keeper in that vintage churn. It is in such good condition as well. You friend truly blessed you with this great gift from the past.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Such a fabulous butter churn. I love the red and you will have such fun displaying this lovely piece. Hugs, Marty

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Wow, April! What a great gift! What a treasure!

Shelia said...

Hi April! Oh, this is such a wonderful gift! What a cute little butter churn! My grandmother had a huge one and if I was there while she was making the butter, she would let me put the stamp on the top - a little squirrel.
Well, thanks so much for popping in to see me and I'm your newest follower.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

no spring chicken said...

You lucky girl, to have a friend that would pass on a treasure like that. And why won't you try making butter? It's so easy, fun and delicious!

Blessings, Debbie

Liz said...

I love it! I think I probably would try to make butter though. Just because I think that it would be a great post! :)

~Liz

Kathy said...

This is beautiful! In great condition! You have a treasure in your friend for thinking of you,
God Bless,
Kathy

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

That is a TRUE treasure -- especially since it's a gift! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting -- you're set up as a 'no-reply blogger' so I couldn't respond but I do appreciate you stopping by!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

April, it's wonderful! What a nice gift from your friend. I love your summer blog look too. laurie

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I had no idea butter churns were ever that small...so charming. What a great gift.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I love this!

I am still in the midst of cleaning up piles of dirt, sand and dead plants that the Haboob sand storm left in Phoenix last week. Ah well, at least it is fun to say "Haboob".

Have a lovely day!