Thursday, July 21, 2011

Scenes of Summer, Continuing. . .

Looking through my pictures today, I found several from a couple of weeks ago that likely wouldn't make it into a post all by themselves, but are things that make me happy nonetheless. Thought I'd share, in no particular order.
C's garden owl and a pretty pot of oxalis she planted. 

Kids in tie-dye tee shirts. Does anything else say "summer fun" better?

My new goes-with-ANYthing skirt. It SPINS! :) Loving this one.(and it was on sale!)

Ah, the dying cherry tomato plant has been upstaged by the morning glory tuteur. . .if you could call it that! Another of  C's innovations. :)  Her gardening philosophy leans heavily on the side of  "It's only a weed if you don't LIKE it there."

BIG, roostin' chickens. They are so FUNNY!

Neatly sorted markers and pens in their places+morning sun=pretty, in their own way

My girly-girl. Eleven in three weeks! Ack!

As the days grow shorter(finally), I am reminded around every corner that kids grow up too quickly, life passes by much faster than we can comprehend, and I have SO MUCH MORE to be thankful for than I EVER slow down long enough to take into account.

So may I encourage you to seek out, to conscientiously practice,  "being" thankful.  Count your blessings. I think that's likely the BEST way to make the most of every moment, every day. :)

~april

8 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Sweet pictures! Love the skirt and I especially love the picture of your beautiful kids. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

no spring chicken said...

I love all of your random photos. It shows your thankful heart!

Blessings, Debbie

Michelle said...

Well said. We've slowed down a bit this week as we realized how quickly the summer is coming to an end. My babies aren't babies anymore, and with each summer that passes us by I am reminded of how much they've grown. And I'm so thankful for every moment with them.

Cheryl said...

Ah what great summertime photos. I love the kids in their tie dye shirts, how precious!!!

no spring chicken said...

I'm LOVING my second childhood... enjoy!

Blessings, Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Which do I adore more? The chickens or cute tie dye shirts? Love it all!

elizabeth said...

Well, I must admit, I saw the skirt and couldn't pay attention to much else. I love it! Perfect comfy summer attire!

Amanda said...

I can't agree with you more re: being thankful=stopping time, just for a moment. I love your wooden marker/pencil collection. I need this for my school table! I'm going to start hunting for that box today!