Monday, August 8, 2011

Roosters and Roses...

Linking this post to:


Last week I posted about the beautiful red roses hubby brought home and how a cleaning spree ensued, oddly enough. :)

When I heard about a wonderful party that Sheila at Note Songs is having this week all about ROOSTERS, I got so excited, because I remembered that I had spotted, in my desperate search for a fun container to put the roses in, this:
 Leftover from when my FAVORITE yard birds were bitty bitty babies this spring. . . 
Not SO "bitty" anymore!


So I pulled those roses right out of the fridge(where they had been ALL weekend), cut the stems SHORT, and arranged a tiny little vignette with some of my most accessible(as in, not stashed up or away!) little Roos and sweet chicks.

I set it up on a little toile chest at the kitchen end of my sewing cabinet. It's a perfect spot to enjoy the roses from my craft space OR my kitchen/dining area.

Let's zoom in a little closer, shall we?

The three little chicks plate was a birthday gift from Mom and my girls a couple of years ago. I've never used it for ANYTHING(shame on me!). The yellow color is just a bit hard to incorporate into my home, I've found, though it works sweetly enough here. The big yellow chickie came along with the plate. He usually lives  on one of my kitchen shelves.

I think he's wondering WHY there are roses where the food ought to be! 
I had to stick the feeder in a saucer, as it wanted to drip quite a bit.
These little fellas came from Hobby Lobby years ago--back when HL still had  quite a bit of this type of mini glass figures. In our old house I had a smallish shelf above the kitchen table that held ALL my rooster things. When we moved I sold a few, and the rest are more scattered here. :)


These tiny ones were at an estate sale, of all places. . .and they were still in their little plastic gumball machine balls! 
This little wooden Roo collapses if you push the button on bottom just right. With a little patience, you can even make him dance! Lol. I love the green base--exactly matches my kitchen walls. :)
Other chickens and roosters in my kitchen. Two egg cups and a sweet little vase.
(can you tell I can't say "no" to miniature anything?)

Then there's the happy little one who belonged to my hubby's grandmother. Isn't he just the cheeriest thing?

This was fun. If I can ever FIND the cocktail napkins, I will show you them too--they're around here somewhere!

Hope you liked all my little yard birds.
Thanks, Sheila! You're a sweetie!
Oh, I am also linking to Tabletop Tuesday--Marty is a wonderful host!

Thanks to you all for stopping by my little roost!

~april

12 comments:

Shelia said...

Hi April! Oh, you brought some real chicks to the party! Aren't they cute? I love this stuff.
What a cute vignette too and those teeny tiny little yard birds. The plate is so cute.
Thank you so much for coming to my party.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia :)

mississippi artist said...

Love that plate! I like miniatures too.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh how fun. Real chicks, they are so wonderful. Love your vignette and the tiny little ones are so precious. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

What a great idea to use a feeder for roses!! Love your mini's :)

Blessings!
Gail

S said...

I think your plate is adorable - no need to use it - just letting it be pretty is use enough in my book. And the roses are stunning!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

What beautiful roses! Nice to see some real chickens at the party! The others are cute too!

Katherine

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

I love that you used the bird feeder for your roses! That is a wonderful idea. Thanks for visiting!!

Mary @ Redo 101 said...

Love your hens, but what I really love is your "About Me." Wow, Ms. Lady, you are a true sister in Christ - thanks for sharing that!

Hugs,
Mary

Love Of Quilts said...

You have a very nice collection. Trish

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

How clever to use the feeder for roses, and they look so pretty in it. Your little roosters are all so cute, but I love that one that belonged to your husband's grandmother. Such a treasure. laurie

Veronica said...

Your dinkum chick make this a real roo party!!

Veronica
www,tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Now this tablescape was something to crow about. I adore the colors you used.