Friday, August 5, 2011

Roses and Rubber Gloves. . .

What an odd combination.

I was planning to do a post today using these, since Liz hosts Fresh Cut Friday and it's a fun way to start a new blogging month.

Hubby surprised me with them yesterday when he came home from work. The problem was, TIRED happened again yesterday, and I couldn't figure out what kind of container to use for them, nor did I have the brain power to spend much time on it, as dinner was taking all my mental capacity just to come up with something. I wanted it to be pretty special and beautiful because, well, that is what bloggers LIKE--then my eyes landed on this:

But I was tired. So I stuffed the wrapped bouquet of lovely red roses into the (gasp!)refrigerator and went to bed.

You can click away now if you like, I will understand.

I got up this morning, still fairly sleepy and needing coffee. I remembered the roses guiltily when I opened the fridge for the half-and-half. . . went on to check emails and all, and then I walked back to my bathroom to put on makeup.

You know, I'm not sure if it was the light or the fact that I cleaned the other one downstairs yesterday, but the bathroom NEEDED to be cleaned. Badly. A.S.A.P. or sooner. Really. So I put on a new pair of rubber gloves and set to work, forgetting all about the roses again.

I dusted, I scrubbed, I cleaned the mirrors. . . I de-dustbunnied shelves that haven't been cleaned since I don't know when. Then I moved a couple of plants out of the kitchen area and added them to a small shelf above my tub. I love it now!


The little jar is some kind of stone.

 The orchid was a steal at Lowe's, if I can get it to survive till it blooms again! :)

This tiny vase was made in California. 50 cents? You betcha' I want it! 


I love this little OLD painting. It's done in pastels--kind of unusual to find an old pastel in great shape. I think I paid 50 cents for it at an estate sale years and years ago. One of my favorite finds.

So there's my contribution to Fresh Cut Friday. The roses will be done something with and shall likely appear in another post. . .but not today.

Enjoy your weekend!

~april

I am also linking to Pink Saturday, Inspiration Friday,  Feathered Nest Friday, and Show and Tell Friday.
Visit these fun parties for LOTS of pretty inspiration this weekend! 

7 comments:

Holly said...

I hope you have a restful weekend. It must've been fun to open your refrigerator and see them there as a lovely reminder.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Liz said...

LOL! I can sooooooooooo relate! :)

I'm glad you shared this for Fresh-cut Friday and your roses are beautiful. Your a lucky gal! :) Can't wait to see what you do with them. :)

Your little shelf is darling!
~Liz

Shelia said...

LOL! Nice to know what being so tired helped you do! Love the little arrangement. The red roses are gorgeous and what a nice hubby to bring them to you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Ah yes, real life. I know it well. :)

Shirley said...

Dream of roses and they shall bloom. As long as they are kept cold you might keep them a while..Maybe stick one in his lunch box or briefcase..just as a reminder that we love getting roses!

April said...

Shirley, what a LOVELY thought! I shall save him one. :)
Thank you all for the sweet, sweet understanding and lightheartedness. Y'all are the best!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Your roses are so pretty~ Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)