Thursday, September 29, 2011

Appetite Suppressant

Ok, so for years and years I have been in the habit of mindlessly opening the fridge and staring at the contents. SOMETIMES this results in mindless eating, though over time I have come to realize when I'm doing this and stopped...remembering funny names my grandmother called me, or my dad's talking about poor suffering penguins, or my brother just standing in the door of the refrigerator(he still does this, as far as I know!), or a child coming up to me to ask what I'm doing(which nearly always removes instantly ANY idea of getting a quick snack, as prepping "quick" snacks for FIVE is not the same as just mindlessly eating for ONE). :)

However, just in case I should be tempted, I need no longer fear. A local dairy company has stepped in to HELP.

They changed the color of the milk containers.


What do YOU think?
I put it against the WHITE paper towel roll so you can see the difference. Add the blue label to the sickly yellowish color, and it becomes unbearable.

Here's a more true-to-color of that yellow.

Now, does that color MAKE YOU WANT TO DRINK MILK? or NOT?

Or am I weird?

I hope they change it back SOON. White was a much, much better option.

~april



6 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

That is definitely NOT appealing packaging for milk!!! I wonder if they did it on purpose?

no spring chicken said...

I love this post! It is so... random. It totally made me laugh. I think all of us can relate to the open door stare. And you are right. That milk carton can certainly curb an appetite... maybe that's a good thing? ;)

Blessings, Debbie

Lindsay said...

Oh no, that is not appealing! I don't think I could drink from that either. :)

Lynn at Cottage and Creek said...

I agree with you! The jug should be white ... like milk! One has to wonder WHY the powers that be make such odd choices. There must be a reason but it looks very unappealing. You should write to the company and express your opinion. Maybe they'll send you something yummy you'll WANT to eat! Fun post!

SavannahGranny said...

A neat concept. I never thought about it like that but you are right. Who would want to drink yellow milk. Good thing they didn't make it chocolate color!
I am a new follower. Ginger

Hi, I'm Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Were they thinking that it looks more like old fashioned high fat (butte) milk? Ugh. No thanks.