Saturday, September 24, 2011

Chicken Daydreams...

I looked out the front windows at our little chicken coop last Saturday and was instantly intrigued.
Why?

It WAS a hot, very hot, day, and I was surprised to see that all five hens had decided to spend some time INDOORS rather than out pecking around in their run. However, this was not the reason for my sudden interest.
This was.

Do you see it?


Do you see the tiny little chicken head peeking out the window?
First off, I was surprised that they've gotten big enough to see out the window when they're on their roost. Secondly, it was so funny  to see a CHICKEN looking out a WINDOW.

And she appeared thoughtful. Almost wistful. I know we do project our human emotions onto our animals, but could, maybe, a chicken--daydream?


I mean, they DO look--what could only be called--HAPPY, at times.
What do YOU think?


Happy Saturday!

~april

7 comments:

Anita said...

Love it!! And what a cute little chicken tractor!

Michelle said...

Nice!!! We're still talking chickens here. I think the plan is to build a tractor/pen of some sort over the winter so we can get some gals in the spring. :)

no spring chicken said...

I think that we must convince ourselves that they have no real thoughts or feelings... so we can eat them! ;)

I'd best not look at your pictures any longer... we're supposed to be having chicken tonight.

Blessings, Debbie

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Cute, cute! April, I'm sure that chicken is day dreaming. laurie

shannon i olson said...

absolutely! why not?

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Thanks for coming by my blog and entering my give away!

I had a chicken tractor very similar once! We have a coop here but I so prefer to move them around to fresh air and ground!

My boys always loved watching the chickens and I did, too. We hope to get some in the spring. We just weren't ready this spring after moving 3 times in one year. GROAN!

Have a great day! ♥

SavannahGranny said...

I would say those chickens look very happy. In fact they look egg-static. No wonder, your yard is beautiful. Ginger