Sunday, November 20, 2011

Candlelight and a Simple Mantel


It has been so busy, and time has been just zooming past these last few weeks! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is just next week, and then Christmas! We've already been getting some things done for Christmas. Can't really start TOO early! :)

I am loving the longer evenings since the time changed. I light candles almost every night now, at least on the dining table. Simple, mason jars or other clear holders. I love to put an inch or so of water and just "float" the votive in the jar; seems like the water adds extra sparkle to the firelight.

I finally took down the "back to school" mantel, just switching out with some pretty fall-toned things that will be easy to remove when it's time for the "all-out" time, CHRISTMAS!



I know I won't be back to the keyboard between now and then, likely, so I want to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours--there's always a need to cultivate a heart that's thankful.

Blessings,

~april


5 comments:

Shelia said...

I'm loving the earlier dark time too! Your little votive look so cozy and your mantel is lovely!
Happy Thanksgiving,
Shelia :)

Nani said...

The photographs alone give a calm, warm feeling. What a wonderful atmosphere at home!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

YOur mantel looks lovely. I love the collage of pictures also. Beautiful candlelight. Hugs, Marty

Loretta said...

April what a lovely Post! You have a lovely home and such pretty children. It is my hope that our friendship will grow through the pages of our blogs. Welcome to our blog! Have a Happy Holiday...Hugs

Brandi said...

Hi April! Beautiful job on your mantle! I love your milk glass and your candlelight pictures are so pretty! Beautiful wall color and crown molding too! Take care and I hope you and your family have a nice holiday!