Monday, January 30, 2012

My Valentine Tree

It was a BUSY weekend! Hubby was off Friday, and we got to stay home and do house stuff--not too exciting, but necessary. Saturday we went to a meeting 2.5 hours away, without kids in the car, so it was a great chance to catch up and just visit uninterrupted, but we were TIRED. Yesterday afternoon we met some new friends for lunch and then picked up a few groceries on the way home, and TODAY is his BIRTHDAY! I have NOTHING planned for that poor man today, and added on top of that is his mother's knee-replacement surgery and picking up MY parents from the airport tonight! What a birthday!

So I wanted to show you the ONE "pretty" thing I got to do this weekend--that is, Friday we DID finally get ALL the Christmas stuff back into the attic(do I get some sort of "late" prize for that? lol.)! That allowed me to get out the Valentines!

Here's the little tree:

I set it into a vintage suitcase that I had layered red and white fabrics into, and the whole thing sits on an OLD luggage rack that I covered with a white tablecloth and a red burlap square. It sits by my kitchen bar, between the dining area and the craft nook--a very high traffic zone, which just means we get to SEE it.

A few sweet heart ornaments and some fun tiny stuffed animals that belong to the kids all tucked into the branches.

Teddy bears with flowers and little girls loving their dolls, my ME cherry ornaments, and a friendly, "sisterly" reminder. We NEED that around this house! :) Sweet pictures of my little ones(when they WERE little)round out the scene.
Of course, I have to add in my tea things, as I DO love to do a Valentine's Day tea party with my girls!
The Boy helped me by decorating the little bitty valentine tree--I set it on an OLD Igloo cooler we found in a former home--it's red and white, with a snowflake on top! We used rustic-themed ornaments on this one. It rather looks like some little lovebirds decorated it.
Here ARE some lovebirds, and more tea things.



View from the floor. I guess you might call it the dustbunny point of view.

More tiny tea pots!



I snuggled some warm fuzzies and sweet homemade valentines in around the bottom of the tree.

I hope your day is LOVE-ly!

~april

15 comments:

Lynn said...

So pretty! Cannot wait to see my VALENTINE TREE! But I better do my Alice Tea Party before I switch it up! Have a LOVELY day! xoxoxo Lynn

Denise said...

All so lovely!I esp. love your tiny silver teapot and iddy bitty creamer-Denise

Antiques And Teacups said...

Very pretty! I sort of transition from Christmas to Valentine's Day with linens, etc but your trees are fab! Love the little teapots! Thanks for your visit and linking with Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Donna Heber said...

Your Valentine tree is so pretty!

Jess said...

very nice!
you are good a taking pictures...
poor Dad didn't even get a picture...

~jess

Snap said...

What fun! Your Valentine tree is lovely. The little tea things are wonderful! Happy Tea Day!

Martha said...

Love your Valentine tree!

Michelle said...

So sweet! Glad you had a nice trip!

~~Carol~~ said...

Your valentine tree is absolutely gorgeous! One day, I WILL have a bigger house, so that I can have a tree out all year and decorate it for every holiday!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

I love your little trees!!! I always miss my Christmas tree so much...now I know just what I need!! ~Deanna

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

I've never seen such a beautiful Valentine tree before!


Boy in Crimson

D said...

Very pretty Valentine tree. And such cute stuff you have on it.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

So pretty, April. I love those tiny teapots! laurie

Melody said...

Hi April! What a lovely blog you have. Those Valentine trees are so pretty. I hope you can stop by by blog and checkout my giveaway
brownginghamcreations.blogspot.com

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, April, I love your ornaments! (Especially the cherries!) What an awesome idea to do with those tiny teapots! Your trees look wonderful!