Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Tiny Teapot Tip



I enjoyed an afternoon visit from my sweet friend and her two girls today, and while they were here, her little one and my Redhead decided to have tea. This resulted in a teapot lid crashing into the sink and scaring me half to death, but it did NOT break, amazingly. Which reminded me of a helpful(albeit VERY simple) little thing I figured out a while ago, and so thought I'd share with you:

How to keep a teapot from losing its lid!(Also handy for protecting from burned fingers and wobbly pouring dribbles!)

I did this with two different  sizes of teapots(six cups and two cups) so you could see.
Start with a full, ready to serve teapot and about 36" of ribbon.

I'll show the large "dotty pot" first. :)

Take your ribbon and loop it around the spout of your pot, crossing it BEFORE you reach the knob on the lid, and then crossing it again AFTER the knob.
 Loop THROUGH the handle, cross the ribbon so that it comes out both sides of the handle.

 Pull the ribbon up so you can finish up by...
TYING A BOW, finishing the pot off cutesily(I made a word!).

Now littles and mamas and friends of all sizes can pour their tea without the slightest fear of that lid slipping off and disintegrating!

For a smaller teapot, it is similar, only you start by taking the ribbon THROUGH THE HANDLE.
Cross the ribbon PAST the knob.
Wrap around the spout, crossing the ribbon back over the top of the pot.


Loop through the handle from both directions.
Pull up.
Be sure the ribbon is securely placed on both sides of the knob!
Then, TIE your bow! 


That's all there is to it--simple and fun!

Enjoy.

Thanks to these lovely ladies for hosting!

~april

8 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

A great idea! No just for little ones either...it could be quite decorative! Thanks for visiting!
Ruth

Gabbi said...

What a BEAUTIFUL teapot!

Love the Red ribbon

:)

Tricia said...

Very clever idea!

SueLovesCherries said...

Oh, I like that idea . . . and the spotty dotty teapot!

Decor To Adore said...

As a devoted tea drinker I thank you for this tip! :)

Decor To Adore said...

Did my comment go through?

Lynn said...

Lovely!! I will try it! :)

xoxo
Lynn

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

And it looks cute too! Great idea April! I can't believe the lid that fell into the sink didn't break! laurie