Thursday, March 1, 2012

How did it get to be?

I am wondering that this morning as I think of the monumental fact that I am now the mom of a FIFTEEN-YEAR-OLD.


It doesn't seem so long ago she was THREE.

Or NINE.

Ten.
Eleven.


Or even TWELVE.
       
Fifteen has a different sort of ring to it. An implication of things to come, big things, mature things, even--maybe, some scary things. It is definitely not the sound of little girl things anymore.

Not so much, anyway.
It could take some getting used to--but by the time I grow accustomed to it, there will be SIXteen. *sigh*

We are so thankful. She is a joy.

Happy Birthday, D-girl #1. I love you!

~mom

7 comments:

Jess said...

I like her too....

Its is a little to late to get rid of her...

Good post!

~jess.

Antiques And Teacups said...

Congratulations on a family landmark! I'm sure it was a special day for your lovely daughter!
Ruth

Whirlwind said...

absolutely crazy.

Whirlwind said...

a little crazy, but that's to be expected!

no spring chicken said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful girl. I mean your beautiful young lady! Hang in there mom... it only gets worst. ;) My oldest is 25 and my baby will be 16 in August. :(

Blessings, Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Beautiful girl, lovely young lady!

Thank you SO very much for your prayers my friend.

I'd love for you to pop by for a visit. I am hosting a $50 Kirklands Giftcard Giveaway.

Gabrielle said...

Oh my...that picture of her at 3...now THAT'S how I remember those D-girls! But they're so beautiful now too!