Monday, April 30, 2012

Just a Little Rearrange

I spent this morning taking a few pictures of what I spent yesterday evening doing--it started with clearing off the mantel, which led to all that stuff landing on the table.



Then I had been inspired by one of my decorating books the night before, having seen a gorgeous blue and white kitchen with a row of sweet little creamers lined up in the window. I love blue and white, and creamers. So I came up with this for the mantel.


My girls were horrified when they saw the teapots on the candle stand. Don't worry. They're hot glued! :) Noname will NOT be able to knock them off with her clumsy flying efforts(I think.)!

Of course, I was SUPPOSED to be cleaning the family room and the school room while I was playing with this stuff.
 

But sometimes I just find that finishing something I want to do makes all the difference when I have to get back to what I must do. It's nice to have that option from time to time.

I also pulled together a little vignette on the one cleared surface in my very messy bedroom. I thought it was sweet!







I hope your day is simply beautiful.
~april
Linking to Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life--Thanks, Marty!

3 comments:

lulumusing said...

I share with you collecting creamers. What is it about those little vessels that catches our eye? Good job displaying them and having them be important.

no spring chicken said...

Hi April~ Love the new arrangements! I can so relate to getting sidetracked with the fun stuff while I should be doing the work...

Sounds like you've been a bit off lately too? Maybe I can blame mine on pollen.

Loved the pictures of the girls in their beautiful gowns... My girls would die if I told them yours got to see the Celtic Women!!

Blessings, Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

My dear and precious friend April I just said a prayer for you and yours and will continue to do so throughout the day.

Praise God through whom all blessings flow.