Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunroom-on-the-North-Side Rearrange

I think it was two weekends ago I sat with a pad of paper and pen for a couple of hours and drew up plans for a NEW "GRAND REARRANGE". I even drew diagrams for my hubby to see, so he could approve my ideas BEFORE I asked him to move the first stick of furniture(yes, sometimes it is beneficial to DRAW a picture!).  Then I made a list of the order in which I thought things should be done.
The sunroom rearrange was really kind of far down on the list, but I knew it was fairly self contained, and since I was having trouble getting excited about doing all the work involved in the other areas, I  thought MAYBE refreshing this room would give me the necessary jump start to do the other things. So we did it yesterday. 
(We will see if it did, indeed, provide that "jump start"!)

Here is the finished room last night. I know the picture is not exactly bright, but the flash was just TOO MUCH for it, and I have NOT mastered the settings on my new one year old camera YET.

The furniture movement involved placing the piano in the corner and switching its position with the green table, along with swapping the chair and love seat around and turning the love seat at a slight angle to open up the walkway. The door behind the love seat leads to the porch, deck, and pool, so we have to keep that walk space open this time of year.
I enjoyed pulling some things together for the top of my little green table, where now I can sit during piano practice and write a note or read while keeping an eye on the Practicing Child of the Moment. 
A simple arrangement on top of the piano.
The sky was getting really pretty at this point in the day.
The piano bench can now work for sitting(having tea?) at the table as well as the piano!
 This is the view toward the kitchen side.
 Another picture just for the sake of that sky!  It was so peaceful outside. We've had some LOVELY sunset-hour skies lately.
 Ah, the morning light brings us a better view--and there's The Practicing Child....today is piano lesson day!
The room really is SO much lighter and breezier this way.  I think it will also be easier to keep the floor under the piano clean without the view being completely blocked.  A couple of the kids said "It feels like the BEACH in here!" I took that as a compliment.

Thanks for stopping by!
~april

Participating in Met Monday

Thanks to the lovely hosts of these fun parties!




6 comments:

Lorrie said...

Love those windows, perfect place for the piano!

Maggie said...

Really like the changes - seems a brighter, more interesting place for the pain. Guess the questions is really whether it's okay in the sun and do those who play like it there.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

What a great place to play the piano with the sun coming in through that wonderful window. I love that pretty little lamp and lamp shade you have on the round table, and I love the idea of the piano bench doing double duty as a seat at the table. I think the beach comment is a compliment too. You asked how often I dust. Not as often as I should. About once a week, I use one of those swiffer dusters on almost everything. Once a year, when I put away my Christmas decor, everything gets a good wipe down before I put the regular stuff back out. I'm sure there is dust on everything, but I don't do a white glove test. I am kind of a nut about keeping the air conditioner filters clean and/or changed. If those get bad, the dust is a REAL problem. laurie

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh such a lovely room and you have it decorated so beautifully. Love the cloche decor of course. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

LV said...

What a lovely home you have. Thanks for sharing with us. I like the shot of you or someone at the piano in front of the window. I love piano music, but never had an opportunity to learn to play.

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Beauitiful rearrangement. I love to sit down with graph paper before I move anything that way I know I will not have to move it again for awhile! Visiting from Vintage Thursday, hope you can come by. Blessings, Debbie