Sunday, June 17, 2012

Something New in My Backyard...

We first saw it five months ago, to the day we brought it home. The day we opened Christmas gifts, three days after Christmas.

Christmas was a busy, hectic time, which is why we opened family gifts three full days after the 25th.

I was given this book as a gift:
Teardrops and Tiny Trailers
It really is a great book!

Now, I often get on "kicks" about certain things. "Obsessions" may aptly define them. There was the antique-tub-for-free-or-CHEAP obsession, resulting in a $25 tub for my new master bath.


There was a treehouse kick, when we were about to build one for the children.

There was a "happy hoodwinks" obsession for QUITE some time while we were drawing up house plans
("hoodwinks" translates into clipped gables! I do love them, but we didn't put them on our house!).
tudor clipped gable photo

There have been others...
Homer Laughlin dishes,

gumball machines, dining tables,


a certain it-must-be-Stickley rocking chair(still obsessed there!)
....and the list continues.

Well, I had BEEN on my "mini camper" kick for quite some time before he bought this book for Christmas. The book made me squeal with delight, succeeded in hooking my girls(the camper interiors do seem to be near dollhouse scale, after all)on the notion, and--get this--intriguing MY HUSBAND with the idea.

~cue music~

We saw it three days after Christmas, less than two miles from my house.
We have been driving by, stalking this little cutie, since that day.





Finally it came home to my backyard.
1954 Traveleze.


The girls have already named it "The Budgie"(it is tiny and has green stripes!)

We didn't need another project....





with tons of DETAILS...
but I think we managed to get one anyway!

The journey begins!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

SQUEEE!!!!! So much fun!!!! There's a gorgeous silver airstream for sale down the road that I've had my eye on for months . . . but first I'd need something to pull it with!

Enjoy the revamp!

Coloradolady said...

I want a vintage trailer sooooo bad!!!! Best of luck in your new adventure!! I am still looking for the one I will haul home!!! Happy VTT

Sally Annie Magundy said...

YOU LUCKY!!! I want one so bad!

Happy VTT!

mississippi artist said...

This is adorable! I can't wait for you to share photos of the makeover.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

OMG, I am so jealous, I so want one of these, actually been talkin to my husband about buying one. Can't wait to see how you transform her! Just wanted to say thanks for stopping by and letting me know how much you liked my two toned charmer buffet. I like learning about the feet, I'm just so glad they included the feet!

Lynn said...

April, ha ha, oh my, you and I have been on so many of the same kicks, including homer laughlin dishes! And just YESTERDAY, I came home and asked Mr. McLendon if he had seen the retro vintage airstream type camper for sale just a few miles a way. I think what I said was, "Can we pleeeeeeeze get it?" Oh boy! You will have so much fun with that!!

xoxo
Lynn

PS -- love the fam reunion pictures!!