Thursday, July 5, 2012

Craft Area Re-do Reveal--The Grand Rearrange, cont'd.

I hope you all enjoyed your Independence Day celebration! We had a day at home with friends and (some)family. It was nice to be home though I would also have enjoyed being with my brother and his family on his birthday!

I thought I'd share the pictures I took a couple of weeks ago of my newly-organized and rearranged craft area. It was only "clean" for approximately two minutes, so I had to "snap" fast! 

 Here is one pretty "blue girl" rose that my J picked for me, posy-ing in a vintage mini pottery pitcher set on a single, lonely bone china saucer on my desk. The roses are hanging on in the heat this year; usually they fade back and wait for fall's cooler temperatures. I've been very pleased at their persistence.

 Here's the dollhouse corner; it sits to the right of my desk--which you can see in the corner of the picture. I'm not thrilled with how FULL the area is, but it has the odd angles of the bay window seat to counter, and I AM thankful for all the windows. The many windows make wall hanging plates the PERFECT decorative option in this space.

The Grand Rearrange required some creative moving and repurposing. My sweet little vanity table was overlooked and lost in my bedroom, so I moved it, cleaned out the four little drawers, and now it holds my sewing machine.
 Here it is.
 I just love this little dress form and my jars of OLD sewing things...the tall one contains notions from my Mawmaw's sewing box, and the shorter one contains cotton quilt batting from a quilt that was on my Pawpaw's mother's bed. How's THAT for hard to follow? :)

My old Brother sewing machine is now OUT where I can USE it easily!  In the background you can see how this area adjoins the kitchen. That's the back of the kitchen sink area.

 The chandy got some new danglies. I have since added some old silver tea things to the mix.

 The top of the big cabinet still holds tons of things--it has to if everything is going to FIT in this small corner of the house!
 More vintage toys and dolls on the cabinet.
 I found this sweet little cabinet for my desk top at Hobby Lobby on clearance the weekend I was working on this area. It was perfect to store some pretties and add some height to my desk-scape.
 I filled it with a tiny little calligraphy set, some of my key collection, a couple of clocks--one new, one OLD, a heart trinket box from my daddy, and a couple of other small pieces. They all kind of go together, somehow.

 Of course, with Midsummer well nigh, one simply MUST have a fairyscape somewhere. We never got around to planting up an outside fairy garden, and now the heat has reached triple digits, so we have to make do INSIDE. We decked out one of the windowsills with some of our fairy pretties.

 One more view of the sewing table....

 Since these pictures were taken I have begun sorting bins of fabric and wiring my dollhouse for electricity. Fun, fun, but nothing neat about it! The good news is that I found some more fun things at GW Boutique last week to add to the mix...so I will have some incentive to get the mess cleaned up relatively SOON--maybe then I'll remember to show you the whole area in one shot!

Joining these parties today:

We are busy, busy the next couple of weeks--I do hope to do some blog visiting, but may not get to put new posts up during that time.
Enjoy JULY--it will be back to school time SOON!
Thanks so much for stopping by.

~april

5 comments:

Ceekay-Thinkin of Home/Doublewide Decor said...

You have the sweetest items...I love that box you found at HL...

That dollhouse looks like a sizable one and you will have lots of rooms to decorate!

Liz said...

What a fun area! I love your doll house!! I'm kinda of jealous of your lavender colored rose... I tried to grow one again this year and it didn't make it. :(

Thank you for joining in for Fresh-Cut Friday! :)
~Liz

very merry vintage style said...

So many pretty vignettes! Thanks for linking up to STL Wednesday!
Mary

Lynn said...

Oh, April, I love it! I love getting a peek at what you do in your house. You have such a nice touch. Makes me want to redo everything today, but I guess I better work! Happy Day! xoxo Lynn

Kathleen said...

April,
You have done a wonderful job! Everything is lovely. I love your keepsake jars, how special. I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Stop by and check it out.
Kathleen
http://melange-kathleen.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-thats-me-baby.html