Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Fabric Birthday Banner or Two

I spent the evening delightfully employed, listening to "The Enchanted April" on Audiobooks, and making this wonderfully FUN but simple and no-measurements-requiring(oh, SO fun!) garland for my dear friend's little girl's 4th birthday party.

She is celebrating in the theme of the Lalaloopsy dolls this year--cute little rag dolls with button eyes. The garland was her mom's idea.  I think it's fun that they might be construed as increasing little girls' interests in handicrafts! *smile*
I had so much fun on the "big" garland that I made another, which should be just right to circle on the tabletop around the cake stand.


It was so refreshing to cut tons of strips of fabric without worrying about width or length, and then to tie them on without thinking too hard about symmetry and placement!

 Then, at the end, to have something so bright and fun to hang and enjoy while thinking of the fun it will add to a special birthday celebration.



What easy crafts have you enjoyed lately?

~april

Joining these parties:
Very Merry Vintage Style
Rednesday

11 comments:

Allison said...

Where are your limits for Lovliness? Everything you create perfumes love and joy. I'm beyond thankful for your never ending stash of fabric but mostly your friendship

Michelle said...

Adorable! What a great project! I'm sure it must have been greatly appreciated.

mylittlecottage said...

hi nice post thanks for sharing...just found your blog thrue others blog comments looking for to visit more...blessings

Liz said...

These are darling! :) What a great idea! :) Sounds like a fun evening. I'm really into my crochet right now. It is such a stress relief for me.

Hope you are having a great week! :)
~Liz

Lynn said...

Pretty, pretty!! I love that, April! You are so creative, and you make such sweet things.

xoxo
Lynn

~~Carol~~ said...

I'm all for anything that doesn't require measuring! The garland is adorable, and the idea is perfect for any occasion. Thanks so much for sharing!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

They would be so fun as a valance for a sewing room. Don't you think?

LV said...

You did a very nice job on this creation.

very merry vintage style said...

It's beautiful. I bet the party will be lovely. Thanks for linking to STL Wednesday!
Mary

cathywhatisoldisnew said...

I love your fabric banner. As a vintage linen stalker I always bring home orphan odd shape fabric and this has inspired me to create something fun with them!!

Chenille Cottage said...

Just love...love...love your "scrappy chic" banner!
happy Rednesday!
Carolynn