Saturday, July 21, 2012

Trip to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas

I find it hard to believe that it has already been a week since we rented a SUV and loaded up my kids and my hubby's parents and went to New Orleans for a day trip. We have been wanting to take the kids for a long(long!)time now, and I think it was a fun day worth waiting for.

 The lighting in the tunnel was fun--the camera had a hard time catching up with the kids, though.
  HAPPY SMILE on my C-girl. She's totally in her element with all these tanks, fish, and plants.

 C-girl and I in the Discus tank. . . .
 They didn't seem to mind too much. Aren't they gorgeous?

 This penguin was posing. 
 The Boy was too--with the hammerheads.
 There were scores of budgies.
 And more budgies....
 And happy girls...
 And pretty budgies!

 Seahorses.
 The sign didn't say, but I think this may be "the cowardly lion fish".
 The clown fish exhibit was very pretty--love the COLORS!

 A seemingly happy sea turtle--see the smile? 

It was a hot and humid day by the Mississippi River.


 A perfect day for snow balls!

It was a blessing to spend a fun day out with three generations. We made some happy memories!

~april

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh what happy faces! We love it there, too. Looks like it was a wonderful trip.

And the hand holding? Adorable! :)

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Your photos are wonderful, and your children are beautiful. Sounds like a day they'll remember forever. laurie

shannon i olson said...

Looks like fun, whenever we go to Minneapolis I want to go to the underwater aquarium, but never do, I get motion sickness and have bad vertigo so I putz out. Looks like so much fun!
I also love passing over the Mississippi every trip we make down to the Gulf Coast! Where it seems it is always hot and humid ;)