Thursday, October 25, 2012

Admittedly, I have fallen behind in my normal decorating-for-autumn this year. However, this week we got into the spirit a bit and made PUMPKINS!
They're so fun.
 And slouchy.
 And easy.
 And QUICK. 
I think I said FUN.

Inexpensive! 
This was a sweater fragment from my felting frenzy a year or so ago.

My favorite. 
From a gorgeous dress that none of the kids could wear because it was too short.
(They're TALL--kids, not pumpkins!)

We recycled last year's pumpkin's stem for it. Isn't it PRETTY?

We will be making more of these!

Happy Fall!

~april


4 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

These are so cute, April. They look fun and easy! Happy Autumn!!!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

Your pumpkins are beautiful, what a wonderful way to make use of favorite bits of fabric!

no spring chicken said...

You saved last years pumpkin stems? You are something else. The pumpkins really are perfect!

Blessings, Debbie

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Were you smart and saved your stem. I still have a few whole pumpkins and need to remember to do this. :)

I salute your brother and yes, you are right, sacrifice in relation to the military is something the soldiers family is also familiar with. :)