Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Mantel

It seems things are moving along slowly in preparation for Christmas this year. Usually we are getting things done quickly, but two of the girls have classes and resulting work that won't finish up till the 19th, so there is quite a bit of distraction from the "business" of Christmassing.

I did get the mantel done today, though. I wasn't sure WHAT I was going to do--then I spent awhile trying to fix a half-strand of lights that wouldn't work...


I had already decided not to put up my kitchen tree with all my vintage balls this year, and needed something to do to enjoy them.


You know there's such a wonder that happens when milk glass and colorful lights combine.


It's BEGINNING to look kind of like CHRISTMAS!


~april

1 comment:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your Christmas mantle is so pretty! It makes me feel so cheery and festive.

May the peace and joy of the season be yours.