Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Vintagey Christmas China Cabinet



My china cabinet was given to me, and I have enjoyed it, as it fits like it was made to go in the spot of our dining area where we have it, and it holds TONS of stuff.
But it was brown.
I like brown. I like natural wood more than MOST, probably. But the cabinet was in a very dark side of this room, far away from the windows. Spiders LOVE the underside because it's dark there(or so I think). It had become a catch-all, and a light-eater.
The brown cabinet, attempting valiantly to look Christmassy last year.
 It somehow just did not manage that wonderful holiday "glow."
So finally I unloaded it this past weekend, and hubby painted it.

WHITE.

A drastic departure in furniture colors for us.
Then I decided that rather than filling it back up with EVERYTHING that came out of it, I would fill it for CHRISTMAS.


Again, I will say it holds a TON of STUFF.

 Left side.
Right Side.








I think this is drastically better!
Oh, and a picture (or three) of the top:



I am just amazed at how it makes the entire space look so different, so much brighter! 

What do YOU think?

It makes me SMILE.

~april

Joining with: Tabletop Tuesday
                   Tweak it Tuesday
                     Rednesday
                   Vintage Thingie Thursday


10 comments:

Chenille Cottage said...

How I love all of your Mary Engelbreit! Your hutch is spectacular painted white. It's amazing how something old can take on a totally new personality. It looks so sweet and cottagey.
Thanks for sharing,
Blessings,
Carolynn

Catie Dunlap said...

It makes me smile too :) although I can't resist adding a Dante face. X[
Btw, I still miss your old title.

✿Carol✿ said...

WOW, what an amazing transformation! It looks fantastic in white, and all of your Christmas decorations really shine in there. And you did such a great job creating all of those little vignettes in there. I love it!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Marissa said...

Everything looks amazing at your home!! XoXo Marissa

craftyles said...

I love the white! Also love the way you displayed all your Christmas goodies.

Coloradolady said...

Aril, I can not believe the difference. Simply Stunning! I have a china hutch and a buffet table that belonged to my great grandparents. My uncle, who had the pieces gave them to me before he passed away. They are DARK, and I just have not got around to painting them, but now...oh....yes, I am going to paint them. I have gone back and forth and was not sure I wanted to paint over the memories they hold for me, but now I think I will. No one but me will have any attachment to them and I might as well enjoy them while I can!!

I am loving your CHRISTMAS decorations and really am impressed with this china hutch. Love it.

Pam said...

The change makes me "smile" too. The new color looks wonderful and really helps highlight all those wonderful goodies inside.

LV said...

What a difference a little paint and a lot of work does. Really remarkable make over.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Gorgeous in white - now I want one of my OWN! Visiting you from VTT.

Come and join me for my Countdown to Kitschmas.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Lynn Dylan said...

Oh, April, dear!!! It made me smile too! What a beautiful cabinet! I miss our cyber visits as well! I know my dear friends are out there. And you know I am here. I hope your Christmas is old-fashioned, sweet, and full of joy and family!

Love,
Lynn