Monday, July 15, 2013

Summertime Mantel

Spent some time last week cleaning--ok, that's an understatement. We spent a TON of time last week cleaning, but I spent SOME time working on the mantel. My friend Brenda gave me this really great pair of planters--kind of the "so ugly they're cute" camp, but I LOVE them--which inspired the mantel re-do.

Btw, we're SO READY to go to the BEACH! :)

Maybe it's the Mississippi girl in me, but the catfish on these just make me SMILE.

C was kind to fill  my little vases with garden cuttings. I have been amazed anew lately how fresh greenery and flowers add so much life to a setting.

Of course my vintage "seashore" books had to make it into the vignette! The main character in "Beachcomber Boy" has the same name as my hubby!

The milk glass plate here makes me SQUEAL! I've been wishing for one of these for YEARS--snapped it up at GW a couple of weeks ago, for 59 cents. WHAT? The Redhead nearly had to pick me up out of a swoon. :)

Hope you enjoyed my little beachy play-time. It's not nearly so wonderful as the real thing, but it's as good as it gets around here for awhile.

Seeking contentment!

~april
Joining with:

3 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love it and I like your shell planters too, they really are a trip from the past, but adorable. Great vignette. I would love to be at the beach too. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Denise said...

Looks as if You do really live near the shore :)I enjoyed taking a long peek at Your wonderful beach mantle.Those new planters are gorgeous to Me,I love them.It's been a pleasure following You. Hugs to You Denise

Lynn Dylan said...

I love the mantel! You have such a way with things. You really do. And 59 cents! I am glad you didn't hit the floor with the plate in your hand!

XOXO
Lynn